Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup

   Tic tak..tic tak..Hmm...what should I cook for lunch today?  Since the weather is very cozy outside, soup is on my mind. But what kind of soup should I make.......many different soup flow in my head, but it just not what I really wanted..Everyday I have to think of what I'm going to cook for lunch and dinner.  Sometime it a last minute meal. Dad doesn't like to eat sandwiches or fast food.  He like real food..... Sometime it get to the point that I "can't think"..
     Ah ha!  Finally, Chicken noodle soup sound yummy for the weather as this since we all love noodle. It's simple and very easy for lunch : (
 This is my recipe to you and it is very simple to made, hope that you will enjoy....

Ingredients
1 chicken breast and 3 chicken thighs (if like dark meats)
1 small onion
2 stalks celery chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup of dice carrots
1 cup of green pea
1 cup of corn
1 cup of dice potatoes
3 fresh thyme spring
2 bay leaf
7 cups of water
1 Tbsp. of chicken bouillon
sea salt, black pepper
*1 tsp. of sugar optional
2 Tbsp. of butter or 1 Tbsp. of light olive oil

Direction
Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with butter or olive oil.  Into that add the onion, garlic, celery  thyme and bay leaf.  Let it cook for a few minute, add the chicken breast and thighs stir. Let the chicken meat cook in with the butter and vegetable for just few minute. Pour in the water and turn up the heat on high and bring it to boil and turn down the heat to medium low. Add salt, black pepper and chicken bouillon and sugar and let it cook for at least 45-1 hour cover led with little opening . Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool down then cut into smaller pieces.
In the soup pot, add in hand full of Canton Dry Noodle, corns, carrots and green peas and let the noodle cook.  Taste to adjust  to your desire, garnish with chopped onion and coriander.


       Canton Dry Noodle, this is the noodle that I used, sometime I make my own noodle, but this is quick and fast.



Slice oranges after meal.  This is orange from our own tree. Its make many oranges this year.
Orange have 40 benefits, I like to know and learn of what I'm putting into my body, you can read from this blog;

Dear Lord, I thank you for such delicious food and great oranges.  Thank you for the air that we breath and for the ground that we stand and thank you for the roof on top of our head.  Thank you for every little things in our life. I have nothing to complain about, but instead I appreciated every things in my life, good or bad, for they bring experiences into our life. Thank you Lord, with all of my grateful to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment