Thursday, November 8, 2012

Foong Foong The Rabbit

"Our First Bunny"  


During my college years, I came back home from LouisanaTech and supprise my parent with one rabbit that my roommate gave to me.  Actually the rabbit is her birthday gift from her boyfriend.  It is a little white baby bunny.  It stays in the box while we go to our class She would closed up the top box every time that we leave the room.  Well, Foong Foong, that's what his name, got out of the box many times and hop around the room.  We share bathroom with our next door and they always leave the bathroom door open, but we always keep our closed.  One day we forgot to close the bathroom door, so Foong Foong hop into their room, well... they reported to dome keeper.  She had to give Foong Foong away, so she gave it to me and I can't resisted him after seeing how cute he is. Your aunt Timm and I we brought it back home that weekend.  Boy! Oh Boy!!  Foong Foong became grandma and grandpa favorite animal.  At that time, we lived in two story base housing.  Every house have fence around the back yard.  The house had slide glass back door.  Foong Foong lived in the back yard and every time that we open the door it always hop into the house.  It will hop on top of the couch where grandma or grandpa sit and it will sat right next to them and watch the tv with them....   Foong Foong stay in the house most of the time, it became our house pet, but it never make dirty in the house.  Grandma and grandpa taught it well.  He will scratch the glass door when he wants to use the bathroom.  Foong  Foong became many kids attraction when they pass by our yard.  He dig big hole every where in the yard.  He is a very biggg...white and fluffy rabbit.     Grandpa took some picture of it, but it is with them.
     Sadly when grandpa retire from the air force, we have to give it away.  We can't keep him.  I still remember that day, tears in every one eyes when grandpa friend drove off with him...good bye Foong  Foong.  She have farm and raise many animal including rabbit.  She too fall in love with Foo Foong..as I heard... I'm glad.  We have many fun years with him.  Picture of him I don't have, but it clear in the corner of my memory. Oh, how we loved that bunny...

     Dear Lord, I thank you for every animals that You created for us to care for and to enjoy.  Thank you for every pet that we have ever since we were young till we old.  They are precious memory now and of those that left behind.  Thank you for great memory you bless us with memory to remember such special person, places and things and that we can treasure it for good reason to be appreciates of You.  With all my grateful heart to You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment